We follow a strict protocol for clinical hygiene and safety that kicks in before patients even enter the operatory.
- Instruments are sterilized in a four-step process that includes:
- Manual cleansing to remove deposits and residue.
- Sterilization in an ultrasonic cleaner which operates a different frequencies, depending on the type of instrument being sterilized.
- A solution (5% dodecyl-dipropylene-triamine & trialkyl ethoxy-ammonium-proclinate) is used in this step.
- Packaging in sealed pouches after instruments are dried.
- Placement of sealed pouches in an autoclave that uses pressurized heat to guarantee 100% sterilization.
- All surfaces that patients come into contact with are covered with cling film and changed after each treatment.
- Doctors and dental assistants wear disposable masks, gloves and shoes that allowed to be worn only in the clinic.
- Clinic audits are conducted regularly to ensure that protocols for sterilization and hygiene are followed thoroughly and consistently.